Nycote 99 EcoShield is our newest formulation based off Nycote 7-11. 99EcoShield is a highly crosslinked multipolymer nylon epoxy coating. Trusted since the 1960’s by all major OEM’s to provide an excellent permanent barrier from harsh environments. The Nycote formulation is chosen over other coating technologies because of its unique ability to cure pinhole-free and self-level. The process allows for complete encapsulation of the part and will protect for years due to the strength of the epoxy and flexibility of the nylon polymer.
- Store at 70°F (21°C). Keep away from fire or flame.
- Note: Ideal storage temperature is 70°F (21°C); acceptable storage range is between 65°F to 80°F (18.3°C to 26.7°C). Storing below 65°F (18.3°C) may cause cloudiness or gel; heat at 180°F (82°C) for two hours. This should restore the product to its normal liquid condition. If possible, re-verify viscosity with Zahn #2 cup (50-90 seconds).
- Nycote® 99 has an eight-month shelf life. The container can be opened, applied and then re-sealed for a period of eight months. The storage temperature should be maintained for the entire shelf life period. The container must always be stored in an upright position. If the storage temperature is not the ideal, nor within the acceptable range, the result may change the nature of the Nycote® product, as well as, causing cloudiness of the liquid. At all times, the product should be kept from freezing.
CURE TIME TABLE
- Allow one to two hours to become tack free. In dry air allow 72 hours at room temperature for full cure or:
- Heat 12 hours @ 120°F (49°C)
- Heat eight hours @ 150°F (66°C)
- Heat four hours @ 180°F (82°C)
- Heat two hours @ 220°F (105°C)
- Cure film temperature range is -70°F to +400°F (-57°C to 204°C)
Nycote Laboratories Corporation manufactures anti-corrosive coatings with a variety of tinting options. At Nycote we work closely with our customers to provide custom solutions including meeting specific color requirements. Nycote coatings can be custom tinted in blue, black, red, yellow and green. Tinting our coatings helps with the identification of parts that have been treated and to improve appearances.
Physical Properties: Temperature Range from -70°F to +400°F (-56°C to 204°C)
Will protect above 400°F – Color may darken without coating degradation
|Viscosity: @ 70ºF Zahn #2 Cup||60-90 Seconds||n/a|
|Solids Content (non-vol.)||19%||n/a|
|Flash Point: C.O.C||70°F||n/a|
|Pounds Per Gallon @ 78°F||7.4±0.2 lb.||n/a|
|CShelf Life @75°F||Eight Months||n/a|
|Film Thickness, 1 Dipcoat||n/a||0.5 mil|
|Coverage Per Gallon||300 sq. ft.||n/a|
|Tack-Free / Cure Time, Full cure (Can be forced by heat)||n/a||1 hr. / 72 hrs.|
|Film Pencil Hardness||n/a||3-H|
|Adhesion SAE AMS-S-4383||n/a||23+ lbs.|
|Abrasion Resistance – (500 Gr. #17 wheel 100 cycles)||n/a||3.0 mgm|
|Adhesion measuring by adhesion tape test JAW ISO 2409 Dry Test Classification (0 indicates best performance on a scale of 0-3)||n/a||Result 0|
|H2O Immersion Composite (submersed 7 days)||n/a||Excellent|
|H2O Immersion Metal||n/a||Excellent|
|Scratch Hardness – 1000G Load||n/a||Pass|
|Abrasion resistance & micro hardness / evaluation of taber abrasion JAW ASTM D4060 (0.9 MG/1000 Cycles 500G per arm)||Excellent|
|30+ Days of fluid resistance on JP Fuels, Kerosene, Gasoline, Skydrol, Distilled & tap water, salt spray, 80% JP-4, JP-5, JP-10 Bacteria laden distilled water / 100% RH @120°F||Excellent|
|Adhesion on metal, composite, laminate, fabric, glass, over & under painted surfaces and topcoats||Excellent|