Apply Nycote® 88 to substrates that need protection from corrosion, electrical conduction and friction. It comes in an easy-to-use two-part component. Combining the two components results in a three-hour window before the formula begins to set.
Our products are easily applied by painting, spraying or dipping areas that need protection from aircraft fuels, oil, lubricants, phosphate ester hydraulic fluids, salt spray and water. Nycote® 88 also provides excellent high impact, abrasion resistance, flexibility and toughness at temperatures of -70°F to +300°F (-57°C to +149°C). NSN: 8010-01-530-5341
- Store at 70°F (21°C). Keep away from fire or flame.
- Note: Ideal storage temperature is 70°F (21°C); acceptable storage range is between 65°F to 80°F (18.3°C to 26.7°C). Storing below 65°F (18.3°C) may cause cloudiness or gel; heat at 180°F (82°C) for two hours. This should restore the product to its normal liquid condition. If possible, re-verify viscosity with Zahn #2 cup (21-27 seconds).
- Nycote® 88 has a 12 month shelf life provided that the accelerator is not added to base product. Once the accelerator has been added, the formula has a three-hour application window before hardening process begins.
CURE TIME TABLE
- Allow one to two hours air dry to become tack free. In dry air allow 72 hours at room temperature for full cure or:
- Heat 12 hours @ 120°F (49°C)
- Heat eight hours @ 150°F (66°C)
- Heat four hours @ 180°F (82°C)
- Heat two hours @ 220°F (105°C)
- Cure film temperature range is -70°F to +300°F (-57°C to 149°C)
Nycote Laboratories Corporation manufactures anti-corrosive coatings with a variety of tinting options. At Nycote we work closely with our customers to provide custom solutions including meeting specific color requirements. Nycote coatings can be custom tinted in blue, black, red, yellow and green. Tinting our coatings helps with the identification of parts that have been treated and to improve appearances.
Physical Properties: Temperature Range from -70°F to +300°F (-56°C to 148°C)
|Viscosity: @ 72ºF Zahn #2 Cup||21-27 Seconds||n/a|
|Solids Content (non-vol.)||17%||n/a|
|Flash Point: C.O.C||70°F||n/a|
|Pounds Per Gallon @ 78°F||7.4±0.2 lb.||n/a|
|Shelf Life @78°F||12 Months||n/a|
|Film Thickness, 1 Dipcoat||n/a||0.4 mil|
|Coverage Per Gallon||300 sq. ft.||n/a|
|Tack-Free Time, 50% RH @ 70°F||n/a||1 hou|
|Film Pencil Hardness||n/a||1-H|
|Adhesion (peel test value)||n/a||21 lbs., per inch|
|Abrasion Resistance – (500 Gr. #17 wheel 100 cycles)||n/a||2.9 mgm|
|Fluid Resistance – 30 days immersion @ 75°F|
|100% RH @120°F||Excellent|
|80% JP-4 Bacteria Laden Distilled Water||Excellent|
|Chem-filmed (Irridited) Aluminum||Excellent|
|Zinc Chromate Primed Aluminum||Excellent|
|Any Metal Surface||Excellent|