Surface Preparation & Thinners
Our all purpose Thinner I is exceedingly useful for cleaning application equipment and metal surfaces prior to applying Nycote®.
Store at 70°F to 120°F (21°C to 48°C)
Thinner II is specifically designed to reduce cobwebbing when spraying Nycote® 7-11 and Nycote® 88. Nycote® Laboratories suggests mixing Thinner II with our products at a 25% to 50% ratio for spraying.
- Carefully clean surface with Nyclean™ prior to Nycote® spraying application
- Use latex or neoprene gloves when mixing Thinner II with Nycote®
- Verify from the spray equipment manufacturer the correct solution mixture
- In a separate container mix Thinner II with the Nycote® product being sprayed
- Use low air pressure 10-20 p.s.i.
- Spray the mixed solution to the equipment/surface needing to be protected
- Keep Thinner II away from flames as vapors could be ignited
- If flames occur, use water to cool exposed containers along with self contained breathing apparatus and protective clothing
- May cause dizziness if used in confined area
- Moderate exposure may result in sensitization of skin, giddiness and headache
- Unconsciousness or death may occur in extreme cases
- If skin is exposed flush with water
- If swallowed, take two glasses of water but do not induce vomiting
- If it gets in eyes, flush with water for 15 minutes
- If spilled clean with rags and/or absorbent material