Nycote 7-11 Dark Blue
Apply Nycote® 7-11 Dark Blue to substrates that need protection from corrosion, electrical conduction and friction. The liquid formula can be easily applied by painting, spraying or dipping areas that need protection from aircraft fuels, oil, lubricants, phosphate ester hydraulic fluids, salt spray and water.
Nycote® 7-11 Dark Blue was designed for EMBRAER Aircraft to specifically to meet their stringent requirements. Nycote® 7-11 Dark Blue also provides excellent high impact, abrasion resistance, flexibility and toughness at temperatures of -70°F to +300°F (-57°C to +149°C). Nycote® 7-11 Dark Blue has a six-month shelf life and the container can be resealed throughout.
Nycote® Dark Blue is used to protect and secure electrical connection installations, fasteners, and numerous other potentially moist areas in all aircraft at the EMBRAER manufacturing site located in São Paulo Brazil
- Store at 70°F (21°C). Keep away from fire or flame.
- Note: Ideal storage temperature is 70°F (21°C); acceptable storage range is between 65°F to 80°F (18.3°C to 26.7°C). Storing below 65°F (18.3°C) may cause cloudiness or gel; heat at 180°F (82°C) for two hours. This should restore the product to its normal liquid condition. If possible, re-verify viscosity with Zahn #2 cup (50-90 seconds).
- Nycote® 7-11 Dark Blue has a six-month shelf life. The container can be opened, applied and then re-sealed for a period of six months. The storage temperature should be maintained for the entire shelf life period. The container must always be stored in an upright position. If the storage temperature is not the ideal, nor within the acceptable range, the result may change the nature of the Nycote®product, as well as, causing cloudiness of the liquid. At all times, the product should be kept from freezing.
CURE TIME TABLE
- Allow one to two hours to become tack free. In dry air allow 72 hours at room temperature for full cure or:
- Heat 12 hours @ 120°F (49°C)
- Heat eight hours @ 150°F (66°C)
- Heat four hours @ 180°F (82°C)
- Heat two hours @ 220°F (105°C)
- Cure film temperature range is -70°F to +300°F (-57°C to 149°C)
Nycote Laboratories Corporation manufactures anti-corrosive coatings with a variety of tinting options. At Nycote we work closely with our customers to provide custom solutions including meeting specific color requirements. Nycote coatings can be custom tinted in blue, black, red, yellow and green. Tinting our coatings helps with the identification of parts that have been treated and to improve appearances.
Physical Properties: Temperature Range from -70°F to +300°F (-57°C to 149°C)
|Viscosity: @ 72ºF Zahn #2 Cup||50-90 Seconds||n/a|
|Solids Content (Non-Vol.)||19%||n/a|
|Flash Point: C.O.C||70°F||n/a|
|Pounds Per Gallon @ 78°F||7.4±0.2 lb||n/a|
|Shelf Life @75°F||Six Months||n/a|
|Film Thickness, 1 Dipcoat||n/a||0.5 mil|
|Coverage Per Gallon||300 sq. ft.||n/a|
|Tack-Free Time, 50% RH @ 70°Fllon||n/a||One Hour|
|Film Pencil Hardness||n/a||1-H|
|Adhesion ASTM D4541-09 (pull-off stress)||n/a||1200 p.s.i. at temperatures of -70°F to +300°F (-57°C to +149°C)|
|Abrasion Resistance – (500 Gr. #17 wheel- 100 cycles)||n/a||3.0 mgm|
|Fluid Resistance – 30 days immersion @ 75°F|
|100% RH @120°F||Excellent|
|80% JP-4 Bacteria Laden Distilled Water||Excellent|
|Column 1||Column 2|
|Chem-filmed (Irridited) Aluminum||Excellent|
|Zinc Chromate Primed Aluminum||Excellent|
|Any Metal Surface||Excellent|
|Adhesion SAE-AMS-S-4383 and MCS9001C||Excellent|