Nyclean™ is an extraordinary cleaner which can be used with all Nycote® products. It is remarkably successful in cleaning metals. It is also extremely effective in cleaning the impact of tea staining on stainless steel prior to applying the corrosion preventing Nycote® products.
Store at 70F° to 120°F (21°C to 48°C)
Application of Nyclean
1. Carefully clean surface with Nyclean™ prior to Nycote® application
2. Use latex or other protective gloves during application of Nyclean™
3. Apply Nyclean™ with a dry soft rag
4. Completely clean by rubbing the Nyclean™ coated rag over the surface
5. If necessary, apply second coat of Nyclean™
6. Allow wetted surface to air dry in dust and lint free area, approximately 30 minutes
7. Once dry, apply Nycote® protective coating of choice
Safety / Caution
Controlling Tea Staining Corrosion with Nyclean
Tea staining on Stainless Steel Surfaces [PDF Article]
FAA officials contacted Nycote® Laboratories for assistance to control extensive corrosion complications at their radar site in Kahului, Maui. Because of the extremely harsh environment: salt spray from the ocean, smoke and ash from burning sugar cane fields, farming activities (wind borne red dust), chemical spraying of crops and high winds, the radar facility was under constant barrage and there was rampant tea staining throughout the 18 exterior electrical panels and five building doors. Due to the sensitive nature of the radar equipment, it was critical that the electrical systems not fail.
Nycote® officials arrived at the facility to assess the extent of the corrosion and tea staining and determine the best approach to tackle the situation.
The Nycote® products continue to protect and maintain the stainless steel of the radar site. After one year there is still no corrosion or tea staining damage.
Contact our sales department for further information and pricing +1 (818) 764-9498 | [email protected].
Nycote® Laboratories is an ISO 9001:2008 and AS9100C certified company.